Sunday, January 25, 2009

stepchildren...

Not to be negative or anything; sometimes I just need to vent.

Why, oh why, oh why? Why do I continue to hope for better and I know deep down inside it's not going to happen. Why do I think we can put our differences aside for one day (or event) and just stop fighting each others' ideas. Why do I think it'll ever change. One thing I do know for sure is that none of those things are going to happen; ever. I have tried and tried to be the "bigger person" and what usually happens is I end up giving in. I didn't give in for Thanksgiving dinner or our Christmas celebration, and none of them likes me more OR less. Hmmmm. I've just made a decision; I'm not giving in on this one either. I know what my husband wants to do for his birthday and I will see to it that it happens. I will also get the gift that I suggested we all go in on, by myself. I know he will be happy. They can do what they want.

Weather: high temp 15 F; no real wind; some sun.

1 comment:

  1. Vent away, dear lady. It's a well-known fact that you make your husband happy. Yes, it shows! ;-)

    ReplyDelete